Monday, October 8, 2018

The End Of Google+ Has Begun


We all knew this day would come, Google+ has always been a bit of a niche social network, primarily used by google employees and OSR bloggers. A lot of my views come from Google+, due to me sharing all my posts there.

With the end of Google+, does this mean the OSR is over? Of course not, we'll move on to Reddit, or Tumblr, or Facebook or something, sharing our posts there. I've always been an avid Tumblr user, I just haven't shared my OSR stuff there because the only other main OSR blogger on there is Kiel Chenier,

But anyway, in the mean time, during this transitional period between Google+ and whatever comes next, where should we turn to?

In my opinion, Discord. For those of you not in the loop, Discord is essentially a chat client used for gaming, that allows you to create servers with different discussion rooms, voice chats, and a whole host of other features. The best part? Its completely free!

Chris Mcdowall of Into The Odd has set up an OSR discord server which I've been a member of for around a year or so, and I heartily invite anyone reading this to join it at https://discord.gg/Ewfy7Zv

Good luck, and here's to many more years of Old School Rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment